Saturday, May 10, 2008

the winds

There are two windows open in my house. My bedroom window and the window over the kitchen sink. These openings have created a very breezy environment inside the house. This house is full of wind sound. Any and all openings have their own sounds. The vent in the restroom makes a noise of distant beating waves. The vent over the stove has a rattle to it. I step outside and the wind whooshes past me. There are no clouds in the sky today only the sun beating overhead. I like the openness of this place. I dream about being in the open without seeing any walls or buildings. Just land, mountains, sun, wind....earth meeting the sky...the horizon.
The dessert is not for everyone. There is always the risk of falling prey to a fata morgana. Maybe the winds do more than blow. Maybe they whisper secrets to us, but we don't know.

No comments: