Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Quit....my worst fears have been confirmed

After all this time, these accumulated years of life, i can reluctantly say I'm a quitter. I quit, yo. I finally stopped filling my lungs with tar. No more nicoteine, although maybe 15-40% of me really wants to smoke one...sort of...who knows...blargh...this is what happens when i quit. The doubting, the rationalizing, the craving. But on the upside to this i have been knitting waaaay more, and i actually cleaned my room the other day and i didn't need to sneak outside to smoke 4 cigs...or something like that. I'd like to see how much i spent on cigs...i saved most of my receipts so if i tried i could compile the stats for a period of time then just do some math. I love math...okay maybe i'll do it, then i can focus on trying to save that much money for retirement, or something....or even better, use that money to visit friends.


Faux Realz...quitting is mind-blowing. It just seems silly that i have to tell myself not to do something. i'm used to doing what i like, for the most part when i like. i don't like rules yo, not even self-imposed ones...but i'll live.


After quitting it dawned on me that everywhere i went i smelled of nasty ass cigs. Eww urghs...blah, they really do smell...and that WAS me. Now lets just hope i don't eat myself to morbidly-obese heights, or better yet, widths.


Last night as i was lying in bed before sleep, i focused on breathing in and out, in and out. It was very relaxing. I need to think about breathing, more often.

Pics below are mostly for me, in my effort to not smoke the death-stick....



i have no clue what's going on in this picture but rest assured it is gross....and unfortunately, because i chose to smoke for about 6 years, my lungs are probs somewhat black too. totally gross. (http://www.watauga.k12.nc.us/staff/felkera/smokers_lungs1.JPG )
I was looking for some other pics and came upon this blog. They say it all and probs even more, oh so well...so peep it yo.
the end....time to get ready for lunch.....shrimp and veggie stir-fry=i rule.
ftw

No comments: