Monday, June 8, 2009

feeling much better indeed

i could stress out about every single thing i do, but what would be the point in that? todays encounter with scott the coffee-shop-guy has left me walking on sunshine. not to be confused with the sunshine feeling of that girl from the show Intervention...anywho, so i go in and the girl takes my order. scott is at the next register helping out some foolios. i tell her my order then she compliments my necklace. i say, thanks, yeah i made it from earrings. i lost the other one. what's the point of buying jewelery. to lose one piece then make a necklace. i was getting a little wordy at this point so i shut up. then scott chimes in, "have you seen stained glass earrings?" and i say something like i may have seen them. i can see that in my head. i then tell him i'd google it and if it's not there he could be an inventor. at this point i'm standing in front of his register talking to him. then i tell him he's gotta make a pair...then the convo ends, i turn to fix my iced-coffee. i consider this progress. he took part in the convo today. each time i go in there i chit chat with the girl and he's just there, standing, so today he talked....yay. it seems like he has some sort of lisp, which i like, but maybe this is why he seems so shy. anywho, i like him. is it possible to like many people? yes...definitely. there's so much to fall in love with out there. too bad you can't mix and match.

on the drive back to work i was thinking about my lifestyle or rather my sexual politics. i used to really want to be in a committed relationship...then i got my heart broken by the first dude i ever really really liked (to the point where i thought, "could this be love?") then it's been more about having fun adventures. yes, i've had my fun, well, i continue to have fun...that's the thing. will i ever change or should i just embrace myself as i am and fuck the rest? i think i should just not give a shit. we spend so much time worrying about what other people think but in the end it's wasted time.

this whole coffee-shop-guy interaction today has lifted my spirits. i keep wondering if i should be more aggresive by trying to make a move or not. if things keep progressing i may make a move. it's better to find out than to not. like earlier today i was wondering where the used condoms went. i was wondering about it so much that the answer appeared at my feet. i pop out of the car and what do i see? the condom, the box and wrapper, all stuffed under the drivers side seat...go me. mystery solved.

No comments: